Canada Day Events in the GTA
Looking for some Canada day fun? We’ve found some fun events for you and your family to enjoy on our beautiful nation’s 149th birthday in and around the GTA. Make it one to remember with fireworks, tasty ribs, live music, and more.
- Fireworks – fun for the whole family! The best part? It’s absolutely free! That’s right, so head down to the Bronte Village Harbour downtown Oakville or the Harbourfront Centre downtown Toronto for fireworks, live music and more – be sure to get there early to secure a good spot.
- Check out the Toronto Ribfest. Toronto Ribfest is on all weekend (June 30th-July 3rd) so be sure to stop by Etobicoke Centennial Park for some mouthwatering ribs, live music, quality entertainment and fireworks starting at 10pm.
- Canada Day Celebration at Mel Lastman Square Toronto. Celebrate Canada day with free a free concert, circus acts, dance performances, family activities, and a fireworks finale. Check out the events schedule here.
- Live Entertainment at Canada’s Wonderland! Weather permitting, the giant theme park just north of Toronto puts on a fireworks display on July 1st at approximately 10pm. So spend the day enjoying all the rides and attractions the park has to offer and an evening full of entertainment.
- Canada Day Cruises. If you’d like to spend Canada Day on the water, several companies offer special cruises of the Toronto harbour on the Canada Day weekend, including lunch and dinner cruises, and fireworks cruises coinciding with Harbourfront Centre’s fireworks (on June 30). Check out Jubilee Queen Cruises, Mariposa Cruises or Nautical Adventures just to name a few.
- Throw your own party with family and friends! What better way to celebrate Canada’s birthday than hosting your own celebration with delicious food, crafty decorations, sparklers and your favourite music. For some last minute inspiration check out the Food Network’s “How To Throw a Canada Party for Under $50.00.”
How will you be celebrating Canada day this year? Share with us on our Facebook page.